Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bites: Kale Chips!

Olympics are here! The world's most amazing bodies in the best city on the face of the earth. Oh man! I couldn't think of a better way to waste my Saturday than watching America's top bad asses fight for the Red, White and Blue.


The Olymps gave me a little inspiration and got me thinking... maybe I should try to be a little bit healthier at least for the weekend? So, what better way to start then with a healthy snack... Kale Chips! 

I've made kale chips before, but they didn't turn out so well. So, I guess 2nd time's a charm :) Here's how it works:

Set your oven at 350, wash the kale and remove the stems leaving just the leaves. Break up the leaves into bite-size pieces.


Spread the leaves out on a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray (or Olive Oil) and salt


Cook for 8-10 minutes, until crispy but not burnt, and BAM! You got yourself a healthy, yummy snack... just in time to watch the USA take Gold in the next Olympic event!



Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment